109 Hillcrest Road Yarramundi NSW 2753
For Sale $1,950,000-$2,050,000
- Property Type House
- Land area approx 25ac
- Region Sydney
- Locality Hawkesbury
- Carports 3
- Garages 4
- Toilets 1
25 Flood Free Acres | Yarramundi
Welcome to 'Katheaghan' - A stunning and unique property, this story-book cedar cottage is nestled within its own 25 flood free acre private nature setting and sanctuary for wildlife. Proudly presented by Rhonda Schellnack.
Come home to find your own refuge amongst bird song, tranquil gardens and acres rich in intact ecological biodiversity rarely found in private ownership.
Located in Yarramundi it is at the gateway of the Blue Mountains and the river land of the Hawkesbury Valley.
For sale for the first time in 20 years, this cedar cottage is set within an acre of mature gardens comprised of over 100 species of flowering natives and exotics creating a microclimate of gentle and stunning beauty abundant with birds feeding, playing and nesting around you.
The property rises gently with the mountain to meet the Blue Mountains National Park. Trails through native grasslands, eucalypt forests and woodlands take you over two creeks via sandstone bridges to the peak of the property that overlooks sandstone ledges and caves down to a rainforest gully below and out to the Sydney Basin to the East.
The diverse terrain, age and species of trees, shrubs and ground covers provide food, nesting sites and much needed protection for many species of plants and animals (some of which are already vulnerable or endangered) including gliders, wallabies, possums, kangaroos, river turtles, bats, frogs, native bees, reptiles and over one hundred species of birds including Honey eaters, Fairy Wrens, Robins, Rufous Whistlers, Quails, Whipbirds, Wattle birds, Owls, Cuckoos, Pardalotes, Parrots and Cockatoos.
Along the creek lines are towering Angophoras, Grey Gums and Corymbias, some well over two hundred years old with nesting hollows used year after year. Other plant species include Iron Barks, Stringy Barks, Turpentines, Acacias, Grevilleas, Allocasuarinas, Persoonias (Geebungs), ground ferns, native orchids and numerous native grasses.
Family swimming, river walks and dog friendly leash-free parkland is a 5-kilometre drive to the junction of the beautiful Grose & Hawkesbury-Nepean Rivers.
Cafes, restaurants, food and retail shopping are a 12 kilometre drive to Richmond, 17 kilometres to Springwood and 25 kilometres to Penrith. For the traveller, the Nancy Bird Walton International Airport due to open at Badgerys Creek in 2026 is an easy 43 kilometres.
The many features of this property include:
* Cedar story-book cottage with exposed beam cathedral ceilings;
* Open plan lounge & dining area with slow combustion fire & ceiling fan;
* Brushbox timber floors, cedar French doors and windows with gauzes;
* Zoned ducted air conditioning;
* Main bedroom with walk-in robe, ceiling fan and French doors opening onto veranda;
* Loft bedroom with built-in robes, toilet & hand basin with separate study/lounge area;
* Cedar-lined bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and vanity basin;
* Baltic pine country kitchen with St George double electric range & 2 draw dishwasher;
* Large laundry with good storage;
* Roof sprinklers and whirlybirds with ember resistant mesh;
* 4 car garage with workshop, 3 phase power and roof sprinklers;
* Double carport with roof sprinklers ;
* Additional double carport for boat/trailer storage;
* Large dam with pump house and 50mm underground irrigation pipe to garden taps and lawn sprinklers surrounding the cottage ;
* 2 x garden sheds;
* Double Colourbond aviaries/kennels with front ante-room, lockable storage and fully fenced yard attached;
* 2 x horse stables with automatic water;
* 3 x fully fenced paddocks - 2 with creeks and waterfalls after good rainfall;
* Water tanks harvesting 84,000 litres of fresh water;
* 150 litre gravity feed roof water tank;
* 3 creeks with waterfalls that run really well with good rain and pose no flood risk Greenhouse/nursery;
* Outdoor 4-seater spa, hut and pergola;
* Licensed Envirocycle waste water treatment system - grey & black household water is reused on gardens and lawns.
For all enquiries please call Rhonda Schellnack on 0415 860 299.
All information about the property has been provided to Ray White by third parties. Ray White has not verified the information and does not warrant its accuracy or completeness. Parties should make and rely on their own enquiries in relation to the property.