8 Cunningham Road Wilga WA 6243
For Sale EOI
Land Agribusiness Water and Development (LAWD) is pleased to present for sale Epping Farm (the Property), a mixed farming opportunity comprising 490* hectares across five contiguous holdings, which have all undergone extensive land-use change and now benefit from a hybrid farming model which includes livestock grazing (sheep), floriculture and honey production, located in the Shire of Boyup Brook, Western Australia.
Key Investment highlights include:
• A total land area of 490* hectares, of which 400* hectares (82%) has been developed and planted to local Western Australian native Leptospermum species - mostly Leptospermum nitens and Leptospermum scoparium, with Leptospermum roei on some parts of the Property.
• Situated 1* linear kilometre north of Wilga, 22* linear kilometres north-west of Boyup Brook, 40* linear kilometres south-east from Donnybrook, 68* linear kilometres south-east of Bunbury and 195* linear kilometres south of Perth within the South-West region of Western Australia.
• Gently undulating in topography and well suited for grazing, timber production and cropping, featuring a mixed composition of red, yellow and brown loam soils on gravel that are predominantly well-drained. Original timbers include Eucalyptus Marginata (jarrah), Corymbia Calophylla (marri) & some Eycalyptus Wandoo (white gum).
• The Property does comprise an area of planting which has been carried out as a part of a Clean Energy Regulator (CER) approved carbon sequestration project. The project commenced in 2019 and to date, no audit has been conducted.
• Currently utilised as a livestock grazing enterprise, predominately fenced and watered for sheep production, albeit cattle have previously been grazed on the Property. The Property also benefits from floriculture and honey production.
• Water infrastructure is well developed and includes rainwater storage, 25* earth dams, and 7* soaks.
• Boundary and internal fencing is in stock proof condition, comprising plain wire, rabbit netting and some ring lock supported by wooden and steel posts.
• The Bureau of Meteorology records has recorded an annual average rainfall of 683* millimetres at nearby the McAlinden weather station
For Sale by Expression of Interest closing at 4pm (AWST) on Friday 16 September 2022