NSW's Lower Western region
If you're looking for farms for sale, Lower Western NSW is one region to consider, and GoRegional has a great selection of properties there to choose from.
This region, as categorised by the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM), stretches from Broken Hill in the north-west to Mt Hope in the north-east of the region. To the south-west it includes Lake Victoria out to Balranald in the South East of this region. The average annual rainfall for the region is 200 to 300mm.
The Department of Agriculture (ABARES) websites categorises this region differently from the Bureau of Meteorology (which Farmbuy.com uses). The north of the Lower Western NSW falls into the ABARES "Far West and Orana" region of NSW, whereas the south of the Lower Western NSW region falls in the "Murray Region" of New South Wales under the ABARES categorisation.
Here is a selection of farms for sale in Lower Western NSW.
- 16.8ha - 41.51acs freehold to the river's edge.
- Rare and hard to find allotment with power connected to the property
- Strong stands of river red gums, blue bush and open flats with natural herbage.
- Fully fenced allotment with ring lock and steel post and plain wire.
Only a short drive from Wentworth township with bitumen and weather road to boundary.
Ideal weekend getaway, family recreation. Build a shed or apply for a permit to build (STCA).
Inspection by appointment only
- 8,083.80HA - 19,974.80 Acres
- Diversified property with irrigation, cropping, livestock & 12kms of Murray River frontage with huge potential.
- 4 titles (WLL) with potential for large scale Horticulture development of 3400 acres
- Currently 9432.42acs growing cereal crops, 480acs irrigated crops and balance livestock grazing.
- 3 direct pumping locations on the Murray River with 3 water access licences and works approvals.
- 4072.35ha - 10,062.64 acres of timbered grazing and river country with access and frontage to Lake Benanee.
- 3 homesteads on the Murray River, 4 stand wool shed and machinery sheds.
- 26 Meg stock and domestic licence and vendor runs 2000 sheep.
- Bitumen road frontage to Sturt Highway and only 1 hour to Mildura and 20 minutes to Robinvale.
Contact Marty Deacon 0429 953365 to arrange inspections
Total Land Area: 1998.15 ha* (4937.36 acres*) est. 1847
FOR SALE AS A WHOLE OR 5 INDIVIDUAL PARCELS:
Lake Victoria Station Homestead, Ulmurra, Central Lake Victoria Station, Part Lake Victoria & Lock 7 Lodge - all parcels with Murray River frontage (refer to individual ads for details of each parcel)
"LAKE VICTORIA STATION HOMESTEAD"
Own a piece of history with this historic homestead set in beautiful gardens, substantial shedding and several kilometres of Murray River frontage, sand bars and fenced grazing areas.
• Land area: 851.66ha* (2104.42acs*)
• Freehold and western lands lease with Murray River frontage
• c1880 solid brick homestead built by George Melrose with 9ft* ceilings throughout. In very good condition with 4 main bedrooms with French doors leading to verandas, plus sleep out or utility/sunroom. Large formal lounge with mantle and fitted slow combustion heating. Timber kitchen with gas cooking and room for a kitchen table. Polished concrete bathrooms, period verandas and wire screen areas plus a sensational underground cellar.
• Maids serviced accommodation featuring kitchen, large lounge meals area, and walk-in pantry, 3 bedrooms with front and rear verandas, separate laundry and bathroom/toilet facilities.
• Beautifully established garden wonderland with irrigation system, walkways, creepers, rambling roses, pond and much more. Fully fenced with period gateways.
• Several garden tool sheds, 3 bay carport.
• 6-cylinder diesel motor w/-4"x4" Ajax pump.
• 18m x 7.6m* steel framed open front machinery shed. Original timber framed workshop, garage 18m x 5.8m* with 5m* lean-to, and 1 bay concrete and car pit, 9.1m x 9.1m* with 3.6m* lean-to front and rear, 4.2m x 3m* cool room, toilet and shower.
• Original Cobb & Co store (in need of repair) plus a boat shed with iron railways into the river.
• 4 stand cyclone woolshed, Mel-wire flooring, 3 stands equipped with sunbeam overhead. Under cover let out pens, steel/gal sheep yards with 3-way draft, steel cattle yards with loading ramp
• Timbered with river red gums, creeks and billabongs.
• 15ML, NSW H/S licence, p&e & 2 moorings also available
Located 107 km* from Mildura, 78.2 km* west of Wentworth, 191 km* west of Robinvale, 307 km* north east of Murray Bridge, 348 km* from Adelaide and 649 km* from Melbourne
Expressions of Interest closing Wednesday 9th December 2020, 4pm (AEST)
Inspections by appointment only
0429 953 365
0417 822 356