Forestry property for sale review
If you're dreaming of getting back to nature, wearing lots of flannel and yelling 'timber!' a dozen times a day, you may want to look at some rural forestry property for sale. GoRegional has a great selection to choose from.
Australia's commercial plantations are mostly located in New South Wales, Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia. In 2014–15 the area covered by commercial plantations was 1.95 million hectares. The area of native forest that was available and suitable for commercial wood production in 2015–16 was 28.1 million hectares. As of 2017, the export of wood products contributed $3.1 billion to the Australian economy.
For a full detailed report visit Department of Agriculture - ABARES website. There are also many other government and industry websites that you should visit when you are looking for rural forestry property for sale:
- Australian Tax Office
- Timber NSW
- Sustainable Timber Tasmania
- VIC Forests
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- WA Forest Product Commission
Check out some of our best forestry property below.
This property consisting of just over 1200 acres is flat usable ground with a balance of good soils.
* With a large proportion planted to She Oak, the block also has a good area of pine, multiple lagoon / water sources and is flat to mildly undulating usable country
* With tracks right through and easy to access, the block has a through road from main entrance which is part of the property and has had substantial work to improve the access to the block making it all weather and suitable for trucks.
* The soil consists of sandy loam clay base with good darker arable pockets due to the lagoons, and has approval to clear further areas if required ( conditions may apply )
* Fully boundary fenced with no internals, the block has a basic open plan shed and the option to include a forestry tractor with implements ( see agent for details ) and a hardwood mill
* Can run around 40 head of cattle making it perfect for those wanting a mixed income stream or SMSF.
* There is no power on the block, but there is power close by, phone line runs through.
* 55 kms to Casino on mainly sealed roads, 12kms to village of Rappville.
This large native bush land property is the perfect getaway. The property would be perfect for the hunting enthusiast. It would also be ideal for anyone wanting space and seclusion. Please note that the zoning on this property is RU3 (Forestry) leasehold. Phone Roger 0427 153 446.
This is a good area between Bundaberg and Childers.
Bundaberg being 20 minutes, Childers 15 minutes and Woodgate Beach 20 minutes.
111.9 hectares that did have approval from Council to subdivide but has been let go.
3 road frontage block of land that has some clearable land and some in the colour. Great greeny subdivide block giving 5 acres with an area left for nature bush walks, birdlife and wildlife for them to observe, see attached veg maps.
The block has 2 creeks running though, good flood free elevation, great View and gentle undulation.
There is some good timber in the veg colour area, put forestry management over the block and sell timber.