NSW's Southern Tablelands region
When looking for a NSW farm for sale, you need to have all information to make the right choice. GoRegional takes a closer look at the rural properties for sale in NSW's Southern Tablelands region.
The Southern Tablelands is a geographic area of New South Wales, Australia, located south-west of Sydney and west of the Great Dividing Range. The area is characterised by high, flat country which has generally been cleared and used for grazing purposes. The Southern Tablelands region comprises both the Southern Highlands and parts of the South West Slopes in the district that is known as Capital Country. The average annual rainfall for the region ranges from 600 to 1500 mm.
The region has a diverse agricultural sector. The most important commodities in the region based on the gross value of agricultural production were cattle and calves followed by wool, sheep and lambs. Other farming activities such as dairy, wheat and canola production are also popular farming industries. The area's proximity to Sydney and Canberra also makes it popular for lifestyle farmers.
We've curated some favourite farms for sale in the Southern Tablelands Region below for you to consider.
This property has enormous commercial potential featuring a 50 megalitre water licence with a fully automatic irrigation system.
* 4 bedroom tri-level brick/tiled roof homestead with spacious living areas, new kitchen, 3 bathrooms, Italian marble and slate flooring throughout
* Approx 102 acres fenced into 9 paddocks, 9 dams (Golden perch), pasture improved ideal grazing land only minutes from Goulburn
* Approx 16 acres of orchard gardens (800 cherry trees, 300 van, 300 lapins, 200 stella, apple, apricot, peach, nectarine and fig, 1200 blueberry trees -5 varieties, approx 5 acres previously sewn to purple garlic, Japanese radish and strawberries) all of which are automatically irrigated from the 50 meg water licence.
* 3 separate large sheds with approx 130 solar panels,31KW system with 7 inverters.
* Cattle yards
* Sealed driveway right to the front door
This established property so close to town offers an ideal lifestyle and income.
LAWD are pleased to present for sale Francesdale (the Property), a quality grazing property of 132* hectares set in a premium location on the Yass River, only 52* kilometres north of Canberra, featuring an expansive six-bedroom homestead.
Francesdale is located 13* kilometres north-east of the Barton Highway at Murrumbateman providing convenient access to Canberra and 23* kilometres south-east of Yass. Yass provides the full range of farm, retail, education, and health services.
Spanning 132* hectares (326* acres) of which 106* hectares is undulating cleared grazing land with the balance being natural timber and wildlife refuge.
Pastures comprise mainly native perennial grass and sub-clover pastures, although Phalaris is strongly populated along the Yass River corridor.
The property was destocked in 2016; prior to this the vendor ran a successful superfine merino operation. Running approximately 400* DSE. As a result the property is carrying a strong body of feed to the benefit of the incoming owner.
Fit for purpose working improvements include; the original circa 1900 three stand, unequipped shearing shed, original sheep yards, various storage shed and 25* tonne cone bottom silo.
Water is secured by a 727* metre single frontage to the Yass River, two dams and the permanent Corregans Creek. A pump on the creek provides garden water.
The circa 1990 mudbrick homestead provides the ideal country lifestyle with six-bedrooms, open plan family/dining and kitchen plus expansive games/rumpus area. Open plan kitchen with Everhot cooker, under bench oven, electric cooktop and walk-in pantry. The main bedroom has an adjoining study or nursery, ensuite and walk-in robe. Four additional bedrooms and two bathrooms, laundry, mud room, indoor garden and screen, enclosed entertaining area with stunning views down the paddock to the creek. The residence is privately situated and secluded from Corregans Road, surrounded by mature established trees with a tranquil rural aspect. The homestead has been designed in such a way that it can easily be split into two living quarters, perfect for extended families.
Additional features include American “sequoia” raked timber ceilings, two slow-combustion wood heaters, rainwater storage, double carport, and children’s cubby house.
Francesdale is being offered for sale by Private Treaty - $1,480,000
For further information on this exciting opportunity, please contact the below personnel:
+61 409 524 901
Senior Director| LAWD
+61 428 481 243
Close to Goulburn, a private and scenic sanctuary ideal for peace and privacy.
- 65 acres or 23.3 hectares - Lot 109 in DP750018 - Zoned RU2
- 15 Minutes or 18kms to Goulburn, 1.5Hrs Sydney,
- Main Shed 14mx8m insulated with 14m x3m skillion/verandah
- Sea container - 22,700litre rain storage. Loading ramp.
- Iron storage shed 6m x 12m plus colorbond shed 7m x 9m
- Seasonal creek plus 3 Dams, 3 Paddocks
- Quiet Location With Established Trees
- Solar Power, dwelling entitled subject to council approval
Auction Guide: $425,000
Auction: Friday 26th February @ 11am - 88 Hume St Goulburn